Ages of World history are mainly as follows
Paleolithic – Old stone age
Mesolithic – Late stone age
Neolithic- New stone age
Chalcolithic – Stone Copper age
And Iron age.
Upto 600 BC – Pre Historic Period
600 BC – AD 476 – Ancient History/Classic Era
AD 476 – AD 1450 – Middle Ages
AD 1450 – AD 1750 – Early Modern Age.
From AD 1750 – 1946 – Modern Age.
From 1946 – Present – Contemporary Period.
[ Sources of History are mainly : from Coins , archeological evidences , Material remnant , Inscriptions , prehistory writings , Foreign Accounts etc. ]
Classic Era ( 600 BC – AD 476)
Ancient Greece ( 600 BC to AD 600 )
- This is that the time during which Foundations of Democracy, Philosophy, Mathematics, Drama, Poetry occurred in Greece.
Ancient Rome ( 753 BC to AD 476 )
- This is often the time during which the Political power had Developed. Also system, Irrigation, Architecture, City Roads etc. had developed . Christianity had grown in Ancient Rome during this period of time.
Persian empire ( 550 BC to 330 BC )
- Which is the Empire in Middle east , Practiced Zorastrianism before Islam.
- It Fell to the hand of Alexander the the Great in 330 BC.
MIDDLE AGE ( AD 476 to AD 1450 )
Byzantian Empire ( AD 285 to AD 1453 )
- Mediterranean Culture
- Incorporated practices and beliefs from Ancient Greece and Rome.
- Not fell until after the renaissance.
Renaissance Humanism ( AD 1400 to AD 1500 )
- Break from Midieval Scholasticism that incorporated classical thought into Early Modern Ideas .
Amazon-You can fill each day with excitement and a sense of satisfaction.
How to make every day -more exciting and rewarding—how you can get more done, and have more fun doing it.
Early Modern Age( AD 1450 - AD 1760 )
Protestant Reformation ( AD 1517 to AD 1650 )
- Religious Movement >>> Lutheranism ( State by Martin Luther ) broke with the Catholic Church and redefined Christianity.
The European Renaissance ( AD 1450 – AD 1600 )
- Known as a Cultural “ rebirth “ in (art ) , (music ) , (literature ) , ( Society ) and (philosophy) .
The Enlightenment ( AD 1600 – AD 1800 )
- Intellectual Movement also called the Age of Reason ; saw the re examination of Politics , Economics and Science before giving way to Romanticism in 19th Century .
- The European Renaissance or ” rebirth ” occured during this period as well as the discovery and Colonization of the Americas and age of Enlightnenment .
Modern Age ( AD 1760 - AD 1946 )
First Industrial Revolution ( AD 1760 to 1840 )
- Increase of City factories and mills . Technology innovations ( and completion of Erie Canal )
Revolutionery Period ( AD 1764 to AD 1848 )
- In this period revolutions occurred in the world.
- American revolution ( 1763 -1783 )
- French Revolution ( 1789 )
- Spanish American wars of Independence ( 1808-1814 )
- Italian Revolution ( 1848)
- Greek war of Independence ( 1821 – 1831 )
- The Spring of Nations (1848)
Victorian Era ( AD 1837 to 1901 )
Reign of Queen Victoria I
American Civil War ( 1861 – 1865 )
End of african Slavery ( 1865 )
Second Industrial Revolution ( AD 1869 to AD 1914 )
- Technological Revolution
- Light Bulb ( Thomas Alwa Edison – 1879 )
- Telephone ( Alexander Graham Bell – 1876 )
- The Airplane Model( Wright Brothers – 1903 )
Age of Imperialism ( AD 1870 to 1914 )
- This is the period of Colonialism occured , in this century France , Britain , Spain , The Netherlands and United states colonized other nations around the world.
World War 1 ( AD 1914 to 1918 )
- World wide Conflict.
- Central Powers (mainly Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Turkey) against the Allies (mainly France, Great Britain, Russia, Italy, Japan, and the United States joined from 1917).
- Reason was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary by Serbian-nationalist terrorist group called the Black Hand, in June 1914.
- It became known as the Great War because it affected people all over the world and was the biggest war anyone had ever known.
Great Depression ( AD 1929 to AD 1939 )
- Extended period of Worldwide economic hardship that started with stock market crash in 1929 .
World War II ( AD 1939 to AD 1945 )
- The war was between Axis powers (Germany, Italy, and Japan) and the Allies (France, Great Britain, the United States, the Soviet Union, and, to a lesser extent, China).
- Germany’s invasion of Poland in September 1939 drove starting of war.
- World War II was the biggest and deadliest war in history, involving more than 30 countries.
- Sparked by the 1939 Nazi invasion of Poland, the war dragged on for six bloody years until the Allies defeated Nazi Germany and Japan in 1945.
Contemporary Period ( AD 1945 to Current )
- Technological advances define social , economic and political life. Also referred to as information period.